Carrickfergus Castle

One of the best preserved medieval castles in Ireland.

John de Courcy established Carrickfergus and the castle in 1177 as his headquarters. De Courcy was eventually ousted in 1204 by Hugh de Lacy. 

The castle is open to the public.

Opening times:
Summer opening times (July - October)

Daily 10:00 - 17:00 (last entry 16:30)

Logo Footer

Hillcrest Cottage, 66 Bellahill Road, Carrickfergus, Co Antrim, N. Ireland, BT38 9DB

designed by d4solutions